1. How is Pak Aid Welfare Trust registered and regulated?
Pak Aid Welfare Trust is a registered not-for-profit, non-governmental, and non-political organization under the Trust Act 1882 in Islamabad, with registration number 1165-4-1002.
2. Has Pak Aid received accreditation from the Pakistan Council of Philanthropy (PCP)?
Yes, Pak Aid is accredited by the Pakistan Council of Philanthropy (PCP) with registration No. 658/PCP-R1/2021.
3. What are the core areas of focus for Pak Aid Welfare Trust's development work?
Pak Aid Welfare Trust primarily concentrates its efforts on health, education, livelihoods, disaster aid, climate change initiatives, and peace-building endeavors. These initiatives are in alignment with all the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations.
4. Will I receive any tax benefits for making donations to Pak Aid?
Yes, donations made to Pak Aid are eligible for tax credits/reduction in tax liability under section 61 of the Income Tax Act 2001 for the donated amount.
5. Being a Not-for-Profit organization Is Pak Aid exempt from taxes?
Yes, Pak Aid is exempt from taxes under section 2(36) of the Income Tax Ordinance 2001, as it has received approval from the Commissioner Inland Revenue as a not-for-profit organization.
6. How does Pak Aid Welfare Trust coordinate relief activities during international disasters?
Pak Aid Welfare Trust typically collaborates with local and international partners, governments, and humanitarian agencies to effectively coordinate and implement relief activities in foreign countries.
7. What role does the Economic Affairs Division of Pakistan play in these partnerships?
The Economic Affairs Division of Pakistan collaborates with Pak Aid Welfare Trust to support and facilitate its international projects.
8. How does Pak Aid Welfare Trust ensure effective and transparent aid distribution?
Pak Aid Welfare Trust guarantees the efficiency and transparency of aid distribution through its extensive network of over 20,000 dedicated volunteers across Pakistan. This vast team, coupled with transparent surveys and distribution processes, ensures that aid is distributed honestly and effectively, making a lasting impact in the communities it serves.
9. What healthcare services and initiatives does Pak Aid Welfare Trust provide for underserved populations?
Pak Aid Welfare Trust supports various health-related programs to offer medical aid, operate welfare hospitals, free medical clinics, and provide ambulance services to those in need.
10. How does Pak Aid Welfare Trust enhance education and literacy?
Pak Aid Welfare Trust actively supports educational initiatives, encompassing the provision of schools, scholarships, and educational materials, aiming to enrich education and literacy. Additionally, the organization's education department focuses on delivering both religious and contemporary education while ensuring that books reach students in need.
11. How does Pak Aid Welfare Trust play a role in disaster response, offering both immediate aid and strategies for reducing disaster risk?
Pak Aid Welfare Trust actively engages in disaster relief efforts, providing emergency assistance, constructing shelters, and offering temporary housing to affected communities while simultaneously implementing projects aimed at safeguarding vulnerable regions from future disasters.
12. How does Pak Aid Welfare Trust secure access to safe drinking water?
Pak Aid Welfare Trust ensures access to clean drinking water through the provision of water supply solutions, including hand pumps, wells, and water filter plants.
13. What types of livelihood development programs and vocational training opportunities are provided by Pak Aid Welfare Trust to empower individuals and promote self-sufficiency in communities?
Pak Aid Welfare Trust offers a range of livelihood development programs, including vocational training and income generation projects. These programs are designed to assist individuals in finding employment and building sustainable livelihoods. The organization runs vocational centers for both men and women to empower communities and promote self-sufficiency.
14. How can I become a part of Pak Aid Welfare Trust as a volunteer or donor?
You can get involved by volunteering your time, making contributions, or supporting specific projects. Simply reach out to Pak Aid through their official communication channels to start your involvement.